Wednesday, January 28, 2009

End One.

So yesterday I took my final exam for Anatomy.
There goes quarter one of nursing school.

I envy my fellow nurse bloggers that are nearing the end of their nursing education. This was just the beginning for me and I feel like I need a break. Between work, studying, and commuting to campus for lectures, it feels like I have no time for me. Oh I do get plenty of time with myself, thank you chaotic Los Angeles traffic, but no quality time to cater to myself. I'd love to throw on a pair of capri pants, grab a few essentials, a good book to read, and head down to the beach. Or maybe spend a long day the spa tossed in with a mini-shopping adventure at the mall. I used the word "mini" because as a student nurse with a part-time job, spending money to cater to my girly needs would just be suicide. 

Enough daydreaming.

SO, I just finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie. Such a beautiful story, I highly recommend it!  The book has inspired me to create change in my life. I've initiated contact with my best friend after a long year of misunderstandings. One long year lost because of a few misspoken words. It frustrates me how we spend so much of our lives articulating our speech, structuring our sentences with the correct punctuation, yet we can not say what we mean. Why can we not say what we feel without our pride, our high and mighty ego coming in the way? 
Lesson learnt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment