Monday, December 29, 2008

Eeekk!

Studying during the holidays is a joke. Seriously, how is anyone suppose to focus on lecture notes and exam material during this time of the year? Really, people like myself wait all year for winter break. The last thing I need to worry about are assignments and studying for the exam that takes place the day I return to class. Blah. Right now, Anatomy is the last thing on my mind. But it's gotta be done. In order for me to succeed in this field, I need to treat nursing as more than a career path, more than a profession. I'm going to have to make it a lifestyle. Yes, I shall breathe, eat, and snore all things related to nursing.
End rant.

***
I'm working on my current state of mind, which is going through a real rough time. Winter blues perhaps? I'm aiming to clear out the clutter in my head and to start off the new year like the Energizer Bunny. Old wounds heal slowly, very.. very.. slowly. But they do heal. The physical ailments appear to be easier to deal with. The emotional, however, take time. The wound heals, but it leaves a nasty scar. A scar that is a constant reminder of what we've endured. A reminder for us on the days when we forget just how strong we are. 
I'm still learning, I'm still growing. I just wish some scars were easier to live with. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you sounded like me in the first semester in school.Anatomy was really challenging for me. At my age, working memory is getting slow down. I hate the fact but I know I have to admit that.
    Besides, you must have been through a lot. I appreciate you share the feeling deep inside. I often think like you mentioned that the physical ailments appears to be easier to deal with and the others are not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitly hard to study during the winter break. I sure wish I would have buckled down a little more. There is just so much material to cover and I dont know how to accomplish it all now!

    ReplyDelete