Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jitterbugs

Even though I've just begun my nursing education, I can sense the nervousness settle in. I do feel nervous... tense. As a child, I would tell my parents I wanted to work in a hospital. My decisions during my college days, however, steered me away from this childhood dream. I've explored plenty of other career options, but none have been able to keep my attention for more than a few months. Medicine is my calling; And coming to terms with these four small words has taken me a very long time. The nervousness I feel now is excitement, it's a sense of joy. I feel nervous knowing that I am finally going down the path I've wanted to be on.  So why am I so nervous, shouldn't I be singing from the rooftops? The expectations I've placed on myself are what make me nervous. I have a passion for this field, therefore I feel great pressure from myself to do exceptionally well. Pressure and self-expectations seem to go hand in hand. 
I'm hoping to employ this nervousness to keep myself on my toes. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mandy! I look forward to reading more at your blog! Happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete